Specialty Centers > Anesthesiology
Department of Anaesthesia in Balwant Singh Hospital provide comprehensive anaesthesia care which includes pre-operative, intra-operative care of the patient, critical care and post operative pain relief services. Our hospital has state of art operating theatres, latest anaesthesia work station with anaesthesia ventiators. We have multiparameter monitors for both non invasive (pulse oxymeter, non invasive blood pressure monitoring, electrocardiogram) and invasive (capnograph, jugular venous pressure monitoring , invasive arterial blood pressure monitoring) monitoring of the patient during the surgery, defibrillator, syringe pumps ,infusion pumps, warmer and all other latest technology to monitor and treat patient during the surgery. We have all the latest drugs and the emergency drugs which are necessary for surgery, to keep patient safe during surgery and to have a comfortable and smooth recovery.
Anaesthesia department handles 5 operation theatres. All are well equipped, with dedicated operation theatre for ophthalmology and cardio-vascuar surgery. We have separate operation theatre for all infected patients. All theatres are sterilized and fumigated reguarly to prevent cross infection. Besides these theatres, anaesthesia department manages patients in endoscopy room for upper and lower gastrointestinal tract endoscopy, radiology cases (MRI and CT sedation if required), cardiac Cath. lab(for angiography and angioplasty), and labor analgesia (for painless delivery). We also manages ICU when patient is on ventiator or as and when required.
Services & Emergency Surgeries
Anaesthesia services are avaiable for 24 hours for all routine and emergency surgeries. These includes:
- General surgery - all laproscopic ,open abdominal surgery, vascular surgery.
- Gynecological and obstetrical surgery - laproscopic hystrectomy , ovarian cystectomy, cesarean section, abdominal and vaginal hystrectomy.
- Orthopaedic surgeries - all trauma patients, bone fractures, hip and knee replacements
- Urology - prostate, kidney and ureter stones and renal transplant.
- ENT surgeries – tonsillectomy, mastoidectomy, foreign body removal and other cases.
- Along with these, all paediatric patients of ophthalmology and dental surgery.
- Patients of plastic and neuro surgery are also done at specific times.
Types of Anaesthesia Provided
In our department, we provide all types of anaesthesia which includes:
- General anaesthesia with intubation.
- Regional anaesthesia which includes epidural, caudal and subarachnoid block
- Nerve blocks - upper and lower limb surgeries and for pain relief with general anaesthesia.
- Sedation on mask ventilation.
- Monitored anaesthesia care.