Specialty Centers > Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The Obstetrics and Gynecology Service was the hospital’s first specialty, and still today continues to be the country’s foremost centers for women’s health and well being.
These services are headed by Dr. Madhu Pandey Singh, a Specialist Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a Masters in Gynecology (MD). Dr. Singh was Head of the Obstetrics and Gynecology at Georgetown Public Hospital, which is the largest Government Hospital and Tertiary Care Centre in the Country, for more than five years, before starting her full time practice at Dr. Balwant Singh’s Hospital.
- Antenatal Clinic which is run by Dr. M. Singh herself, along with an associate gynecologist. At this clinic we see and book pregnant mothers and give them the care that is needed at scheduled visits.
- Full antenatal testing and Ultrasounds. Ultrasounds can even be performed on an emergency basis if need be. We are the ONLY hospital in the country to provide an emergency service for ultrasonography.
- The hospital provides one to one midwifery support to our patients in labor, which is once again, unique to our facility.
- For those patients that want Pain relief or PAINLESS LABOUR, we also offer Epidural analgesia administered by a Specialist Anaesthetist.
- Should a Caesarean Section become necessary at any point, we are able to have the patient in the Operating Room (we have five fully equipped Operating Rooms), within minutes.
We are offering assisted reproduction up to Intra uterine insemination of Partners semen. We will very soon be offering, In-Vitro Fertilization, and once again we will be the only health facility in Guyana to offer such high standards of Infertility Care.
- All routine Gynaecology procedures such as Hysterectomies.
- Gynaecological Laparoscopic procedures such as Laparascopic Total Hysterectomy, Cystectomy and surgery for Ectopic Pregnancies.
- Vaginal procedures such as Vaginal Hysterectomy, Repairs and Sacro spinous fixation for Vault prolapse.