The Department of Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery is responsible for treating conditions for the ear, nose and throat, and the related structures of the head and neck.
The ENT department at Dr. Balwant Singh’s Hospital, provides routine and emergency care for both outpatients and inpatients. This would include consultations, investigations, and surgeries (both major and minor) for children and adults (of all ages).
- Outpatient procedures like Ear Syringing, dressings and abscess drainage of Ear, Nose and Throat.
- Sinus Antral Lavage, Ear Lobe repair, Lip & Oral Cavity Cysts & Warts Exercision
- Major surgeries like:
- Adenoidectomy and Tonsillectomy.
- Cleft palate.
- Nasal and sinus surgery including FESS for Sinusitis and nose blocks.
- Deviated Nasal septum and nose deformities.
- Palato-Pharyngoplasty surgery for SNORING.
- Auriculoplasty for External ear deformities and congenital P.A. sinuses.
- Microscopic Ear surgery for perforated Eardrums and infected mastoid bones.
- Thyroid [Goitre] and Thyroglossal cyst surgery.
- Larynx endoscopy, biopsies and vocal cord surgery.
- Cancer surgery for nose, Larynx and Maxilla.
- Rigid endoscopy for Oesophagus and Bronchus.
- Neck surgery- for salivary glands, lymph nodes and cysts.
- Maxillo-Facial Traumas and Internal fixation for Bony Fractures.
- Foreign body removal from ear, nose and throat.
- Endoscopic removal of foreign bodies from Bronchus and Oesophagus.
- Nasal endoscopy and management of Nasal bleedings.
Investigations – Hearing tests [Audiometry for adults] and OAE [Oto-Acoustic- Emission] HEARING TEST for NEW BORN BABIES.
- Hearing Aid advice for Nerve deafness and old age.
- Myringotomy and Ventilation tubes insertion for Glue ear.
- Tympanoplasty surgery for Middle ear pathology.